If you are ever wondering where to find the end of the rainbow....check our backyard!
There are a lot of things that Nick and I don't like about the house/neighborhood we live in. But the view sure makes up for it. I love spring and summer when we start to get some good thunderstorms. Nick and I have sat on our deck many nights and just watched as the storms come over the hills to our West. They are amazing. I love the lighting and the thunder (as long as I am not home alone.)
But my favorite time to have a storm is when it ends just before sunset. Then the view to our East is the best. We get the most spectacular rainbows.
We were amazed in 2006 to come home to this...
The end of the rainbow right in our neighbors backyard.
We thought we had seen a once in a lifetime event.
We were wrong.
Last week I was sitting in my chair, and noticed the sun setting. Since we have watched so many storms and seen so many rainbows, I am starting to figure out what to watch for. They sky looked promising so I ran outside to find the biggest rainbow I have ever seen. I couldn't even get the whole thing in one picture.
The best part about this rainbow?
It ended right in our backyard again! :)
So far...no pot of gold....but we are keeping our eyes out!

0 comments:
Post a Comment