So I have been stressing myself out this week wondering when I was going to get everything done before we leave for Michigan for Christmas. I really don't have that much to do...it just feels like a lot...you know?
We don't really go over board on Christmas presents, not that I could say I wouldn't if I had the money because I LOVE giving presents. But I was blown away the other day when Nick and I were Chrismas shopping for Charlie. We were standing in line at Toys R Us with our $8 dinasour (no, that isn't the only thing she is getting, but not a whole lot more.) We waited for 15 minutes while the checker finshed the $1,300.00 order in front of us. CAN YOU IMAGINE! I heard the checker ask how many kids these people have. They have 3. CAN YOU IMAGINE! I sure can't even if we were rolling in money, I can't imagine that!
I have been working with Charlie about why we celebrate Christmas. I let her play with the little nativity set I painted and we talk about his birthday. I don't know how much she understands, but she gets Santa, so I figure she will pick up on Baby Jesus too. She sang him "happy to you" this weekend. It made me smile!
I ran accross this online today, and it really made me think, especially since I have been stressing about all the things I HAVE TO DO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVqqj1v-ZBU
Merry Christmas!!!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Christmas
Posted by Lindsley's at 4:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment