Thursday, April 24, 2008

Charlie Talk


When Charlie turned 1, she only had a few words..."Momma" & "Bob" are all I can remember. It made me SO worried. Especially since she wasn't even saying "Dada." The Dr. kept saying it was fine...so I waited. My plan was that if she wasn't talking well by 2 that we would make an appointment with Birth to 3 to get her evaluated.

I am not so worried any more. In the past 2 months (especially the last 2 weeks that we were in MI) her vocabulary has increased exponentially. She can lable almost anything now. Most of her words are pretty understandable, but she has made up some of her own. They are so cute, but we still try to correct her so she can learn the right word. Here are some of my favorite Charlie words!

Ba - This is her paci. I have absolutely no idea why she calls it that.

Mou - Anything to drink. I am guessing since her mouth is also her "mou" right now that something to put in her "mou" would also logically be called "mou"

Flow Wow! - Flower. One of my favorite Charlie words!

Da Daaaa!! - I know this is not an original word. However, I taught Charlie to say it exaggerated and kind of raspy when Daddy is teasing her!

Oh Baby! - This one is brand new and I can not figure out where she got it from. But the last 3 days...every time I have given her something to eat, she looks at it and says "Oh Baby!"

"k" and "yeah" - She says both of these a lot when I am asking her if she wants something. It has made me very aware that I say "k" and "yeah" a lot too.

Nick has also informed me that I also say "seriously" all the time. Maybe too much Grey's Anatomy. So I am getting ready for the day that Charlie looks at me and says..."seriously" But that would be much better than the word I accidentally taught her when I fell down the stairs! (don't worry...she forgot that word)

0 comments: